Confirmation ministry is an opportunity to grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ, affirm the Christian faith, and assume a larger role in the life of the Christian community through service to our neighbors. Youth in seventh through ninth grade with their parents explore God’s salvation history as witnessed in the sacred stories of the Old and New Testament. Together we reflect upon Martin Luther’s small catechism as we discuss the Ten Commandments, Lord’s Prayer, Apostles’ Creed, and sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion.
Look here for special announcements….
Confirmation Year 2013-14
An overview of the Old Testament Stories of Faith
We meet this year on the second Sunday of the month unless otherwise noted.
In event of snow cancellation, the class will meet on the following Sunday of that month.
See the scrolling news updates at www.stpaulredhill.org for schedule changes.
Old Testament Faith Stories – Sundays from 4:30 – 6:30 PM
- Sunday, 09.08 – Creation and the Flood
- Sunday, 10.13 – The Covenant Relationship – Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph
- Sunday, 11.10 – The Covenant – Moses: Passover / Exodus, Ten Commandments & the Promise Land
- Sunday, 12.08 – King David and King Solomon
- Sunday, 01.12 – Elijah, the prophet
- Sunday, 02.09 – Isaiah, the prophet
- Sunday, 03.09 – topic to be determined
- Sunday, 04.13 – topic to be determined
Families attend Mid Week Lenten Services @ 7:30 PM
- Ash Wednesday, Mid Week Lenten Service 03.05 @ St Paul
- Mid Week Lenten Service, 03.12
- Mid Week Lenten Service, 03.19
- Mid Week Lenten Service, 03.26
- Mid Week Lenten Service, 04.02
- Mid Week Lenten Service, 04.09
Families attend Holy Week Evening Services and Easter Sunday
- Palm Sunday, 04.13 @ 4:30 PM
- Maundy Thursday, 04.17 @ 7:30 PM
- Good Friday, 04.18 @ 7:30 PM
- Easter Sunday, 04.20
Saturday, 05.03 @ 7:30 AM – 1 PM Service Project – assist with Car Wash
Sunday, 05.11 – no meeting in lieu of Mother’s Day and Service Project on 05.03
- Sunday, 06.08 – Confirmation at 9:15 AM
2013 – 2014 Program Guidelines
- Youth are to participate in Sunday worship on a regular basis.
- Study material to be completed prior to our Sunday Class
- Attend Ash Wednesday Service
- Attend Mid Week – Wednesday Lenten Services
- Attend Maundy Thursday Service
- Provide leadership for the Good Friday Service
- Serve as a Sunday morning communion assistant
- One excused absence from Sunday Class with a schedule make up
Ash Wednesday and Easter at a glance
|2014||Ash Wednesday | March 5||Easter | April 20|
|2015||Ash Wednesday | February 18||Easter | April 5|
|2016||Ash Wednesday | February 10||Easter | March 27|